How To Create Potent Explainer Videos That Convert Like Crazy
It’s 2018 and internet traffic is dominated by video consumption.
It’s now more than ever that people want to see evidence of action.
• Video feeds information quicker and
• Is easier-on-the-eye;
And so, in this modern world of screens of which you cannot escape, to get the message across about your business it is crucial that you do all you can to stand out instantly.
Otherwise, it’s a quick swipe of the finger and adios amigo! You don’t impress me?
Scroll . . .
Here’s a chihuahua performing yoga.
One thing you should seriously get to grips with is that:
Making an explainer video for your company is not just something that you can just wing.
Nowadays, you can’t literally expect to create an animated explainer video – without the help of a PRO – and then shrug shoulders when nothing comes of it.
Check out these fairpoint reasons why:
- Animoto has stated that 4 x as many customers prefer to watch videos about products than read about them.
- HubSpot revealed in a recent survey that 43% of people much rather view an explainer video as opposed to reading marketing content.
- Internet video traffic will account for 80% of ALL internet traffic by 2019 according to SmallBizTrends.
FACE FACTS: You need an awesome explainer video if you want to smash passed competitors.
Here is the absolute lowdown on what to do and what not to do when creating your animated video.
- Make sure your explainer video has a clear message that will stick to people!
The great thing about animation is that you can plant an image in the viewers’ mind which they cannot forget!
TAKE NOTE: Use this opportunity to explain not only what you do but describe how well you do it!
- Get to it! Remember – this is the first point of contact – these people have no clue about you or your product.
Instead of attacking and bombarding viewers with information, pick out key elements from your individuality that add value and forget long-winded babble:
KEEP IT SNAPPY.
- Show your product and how it works. NOW is your chance to shine! Let people see the benefits so they can use their imagination to picture themselves using the goods.
Create the WOW factor – REALLY USE your VIDEO to the MAX.
- People need visuals! Why waste your chance just laying down facts or listing bullet points when a leaflet can do that job?
What you must really focus on is what the benefits are that you offer. Emphasize on the magic solution that will make people’s lives easier.
- Once you understand exactly what your video is intended for, then you can determine exactly what it is going to require.
Some examples of explainer videos:
- A web service or digital product demo
- A physical service or product demo
- Branding to build consumer trust & portray personality
- Branding to gain funding, investors or partnerships
As you can see, all of these are very different! Perhaps you require separate videos for individual purposes?
When it comes down to it, you’ll find it necessary to take an entirely different approach for each concept.
The truth is, you can achieve a lot with graphics and animation – and accomplishment is much quicker and easier than live action filming where you might need to consider things like:
- Space . . .
Sometimes it is necessary, but most of the time it’s a never-ending list of expensive faff!
The trouble is, if you are not an expert at Computer Aided Design and animated video creation – it is pretty easy to get frustrated, waste time and completely screw the whole thing up.
- It is going to take more than you would initially think to create good content that works.
Sure, you might have a tight budget, but honestly? If you are inexperienced the best way to go is with a PRO. Production of any kind takes knowledge.
Every aspect HAS to be considered: Scripts, sound, visuals and much more!
This is not something you can just learn overnight.
- We at Snappy Sales Video have dedicated time to studying areas of video that wouldn’t have even ever crossed your mind!
Like planning for different formats . . .
Yes, your beautiful frames are going to be sliced down to suit mobile devices! *Weep*
DID YOU KNOW: Video is chopped vertically at a 9:16 ratio for Instagram Stories?
There is plenty more you didn’t even consider – trust me!
- If you are not comfortable, it shows! If your animated video production is poor, people will 100% notice!
AND ALL OF THIS REFLECTS ON YOUR PRODUCT/SERVICE.
I saw a video recently, at first glance, it looked OK.
Good graphics – but then when it came to the voiceover providing info and it proved difficult to understand the message – English was not the first language, AND there were NO subtitles.
To top it all off, the darn thing exceeded four and a half minutes!
Remember that horrid STAT about how the average human has 0.75 seconds less attention span than your pet goldfish?
It’s videos like these that suffer.
See what happens when you try to wing it yourself?
- Subtitles are useful especially when the narrative can be hard to understand! But also, most people are viewing in a place where they won’t hear sound.
BREAK THE SOUND-OFF BOUNDARY.
TAKE ADVANTAGE of using video as a medium – use every tactic to the max. Here is a way you can cram stimulating as many senses with as much information as possible.
Words, (written and spoken), as well as the motion picture, goes a long way!
- What are you happy to spend? Think about it and be realistic. Share your figures – no matter how big or small – experts will guide you as to what can be achieved.
- This is no time to barter! PRO’s are not mind readers – let people know what you have to spend so that they can help you get the most for your $$!
- Listen to the opinions of others; you might learn a thing or two! It is all good and well having an inside idea, but the outside world may just help push your concept that little bit further.
Listen to the opinions of outsiders before you jump into video creation – it might just save your video from being an utter flop.
- Take criticism on the chin! You might think your idea is awesome, but it’s not you who you are trying to impress. Be constructive with your feedback.
- Is your message clear? Do people get it?
- If not, where do people become baffled?
- How can you make it so people know exactly what they should do right after watching your video?
There is always room for improvement! So don’t take it personally. The last thing you want is to wind up with a video that doesn’t work – risking becoming limited if edits are required.
- Map out your ideas post-production so that everyone can clearly see the vision, discuss and edit accordingly.
- It is all you have to get people to keep watching! And if they are not immediately impressed, then they simply won’t bother – risking the success of your business.
Make it easy for viewers to want to see your explainer video until the end.
- You might have grabbed the attention of the people, but the aim of the game is to get them to the finish line – so, make it bearable! Around a couple of minutes in length will suffice, NO MORE!
Our expert team provides the best quality scriptwriters, voice over actors, animators and strategists so that you can guarantee to generate your business success through the use of video.
THE ULTIMATE ‘DO ☑’
Contact us at snappy sales video to get started in creating an explainer video TODAY. The team is ready NOW to help you generate the success you deserve for your business.